Monday, January 7, 2019

A Day in the Life of Me, #2tonlaw, a Toddler Living in San Francisco


6.08a I felt like waking up, so I made some sounds and Mama pulled me from my crib. I took her hand and led her to the fridge where I eagerly watched her fill my bottle with delicious whole milk. Then we snuggled in bed with Dad while I drained the jug.

6.30a Morning traffic is fascinating and I could watch it forever. So I did, until Mama called me for breakfast: banana oatmeal with a little brown sugar and a few raisins. My favourite. She gave me the spoon and with the help of my fist, I managed to eat more than what ended up on the tray and all over my face.

8.15a I was pulling the trash can around (new favourite activity, seriously) when I noticed the rug monster in the hallway. I called out to Mama to make sure she knew the monster was out and then she turned it on! It’s scary so I made sure to stay close to Mama and protect her. Stuff gets sucked into this thing and then disappears forever. I screamed and cried out loudly and finally, the rug monster stopped and we left.

9.30a Mama strapped me in the jogging stroller and I lounged comfortably as the Bay passed by at a decent pace. My favourite part was when Mama unbuckled me from the stroller and I got to chase the birds around the green. It was a pretty day and I don’t know why we had to leave but I didn’t mind when we ended up at the grocery store. I love the grocery store. Everyone is so nice and Mama talks to me the whole time and lets me have a snack and put groceries in the cart. Plus I love sitting at the front of the cart and riding through the aisles.

11.14a Home finally. This diaper is sagging! I don’t love having my diaper changed but I super need it right now so I’ll be easy on Mom. She started to make chili and I tried to tell her I was hungry for lunch so she switched to making me her signature pb&j. Finally, she lifted me into my high chair and I surveyed the food on my tray: pieces of a cheese stick, pb&j, grapes, and some cheese puffs. She’s the best. I love a big lunch. We chatted while she worked on the chili and I smeared my lunch all over my face and in my hair. Then we read a couple of stories and, even though I didn’t really want to, I took a nap.

2.45p I should probably sleep a little longer but I’m sure Mama misses me and I want to go to the park so I’ll cry until she comes for me. Before we leave, though, we sit together and finish watching her cooking show (I don’t mind because I love sitting in her lap), then she drags me to Starbucks (Mom, that’s a lot of whipped cream!), and to a church where she drops a thick envelope into a slotted box, and then I saw a policeman on a motorcycle with flashing lights and then, there it is: the park!

4.38p The swings are awesome! And even though I landed weird the first time down the slide and walking hurts a little, I did it again. Then I found some cars to play with and some nannies that thought my talking was cute. But then Mom strapped me into the stroller and even though she told me it was dinner time I made sure she knew I wasn’t happy leaving the park.

5.15p Dad’s home! Mom gives me my milk cup, puts grapes in my bib scoop, and we share a big mug of chili. Christmas music is on. It’s nice. Mom sings a little and I dance. I love to dance.

6.20p I’m getting sleepy and luckily Mama notices. She’s patient, even though I fight with her while getting ready for bed, especially when she tries to brush my teeth. I really don’t like having my teeth brushed. Then I’m in my jammies, Mama is reading my favourite bedtime book, and I find a comfortable spot in my bed with my blanket.

6.54p Today was a super good day. I can’t wait for tomorrow! Goodnight everyone.


Originally written on November 6, 2108, #electionday2018. He sleeps later than 6.00a and now only gets milk at dinner. At the time of this posting, Lawton is 19 months old.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...