Friday, January 28, 2011

the weekend begins.

hooray!
hurrah!
yippee!

friends, what are you up to this weekend? tell me your plans.

after my morning workout tomorrow, i'm heading to the red cross for a blood donation and then on to mediterranean cuisine (think baked apple french toast; rice pudding; bread pudding; greek salad; scrambled eggs with spinach, pine nuts and tomatoes) brunch with a girlfriend. the rest of my afternoon will be spent dressing for and driving to a fancy bridal shower. we're supposed to wear a black slinky dress and heels to kingdom come--i only have the heels; i don't own a slinky black dress. heck, i don't even own a black dress! maybe i can find a quick fix at h&m today. wish me luck!

sunday will be regular--church in the morning and a quiet afternoon to read, nap, and bake--which will be nice after such a busy saturday. my homemade chocolate chip cookies from last sunday promoted me to office hero when i brought them in to share and requests have been made for more. yum.

happy weekend. happy friday!

love truly,
katie kate

update: i visited h&m during my lunch hour and found not a dress but a black silk belted jumpsuit--the pants are slim and hit right below the ankle; the sleeves are a short dolman and the neck is a wide-v, safety-pin required. a jumpsuit is not something i ever thought i'd wear, let alone own, but it fits with the fashion style of the bride-to-be and at h&m prices--no loss if i don't wear it again. 'though, i'm pretty sure i will. with my bobbed hair and bright-pink stained lips, i felt transformed when i tried it on. my excitement to wear it is building. it's a rockin' piece.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...