Wednesday, August 31, 2011

mexican wedding.

wedding wednesday
volume 2  |  chapter 66

this mexican wedding had me at the veil. gorgeous. and then the location. breathtaking. how remarkable to marry in such a ruin--a 16th century convent with a caved in roof. i love the shock of colour the rose petals add to the otherwise neutral landscape. 
says the bride, "for something borrowed i wore my paternal grandmother's silver bracelet that was from zacatecas, and my maternal great-grandmother's pearl ring was my something old. my something blue was a handkerchief that my mom monogrammed with a z and r, and that we sewed inside my dress."
images courtesy of snippetandink.com

read more about regina and zaheen's mexican wedding and sweet story on how they chose the location of zacatecas, mexico. i think i'd very much like to visit this old colonial city and walk its cobblestone streets.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...