Thursday, August 4, 2011

michigan happiness.

after a very long two-year absence, i'm returning to the cottage. i can't wait to walk the road through the woods, climb the sand dunes to the jumping hill, hit the town for antique shops and giant ice cream cones, nap in the sun, kayak and canoe, swim the 0.8 mile distance from our dock to the sand dunes, pick pounds and pounds of fresh blueberries, team up for evening badminton, read and write. with my three younger brothers and their families, it will be the best time ever.


the cottage in michigan holds a special place in my heart. my grandfather built it when my mother was a young teenager and it's where i spent the summers of my youth. in fact, it's my top pick of vacation spots. there's no internet, cable or tv--just a cd player, a scratchy radio, lots of books and board games, and sunshine for naps. it's the most perfect place i've ever been. i'll let people flood the caribbean and theme parks--i'm happy with my quiet corner on hamlin lake in michigan.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...