Thursday, January 12, 2012

26 things about me--

i thought this would be a fun way to share some tidbits about me with you and you and you, just for kicks and giggles. maybe you'll feel inclined to copy and share some things about you, too; that would be terrific! i came across the alphabet-style version on andrea's blog and it's been in my drafts for months. here goes--

ambition
mom, wife, writer/author, personal stylist, simple soft-serve ice cream and hot dog shoppe owner; i tease my dad that someday we're going to open a hot dog, ice cream, and doughnut shoppe together; he just laughs at me

bad habit
hitting the "snooze" button too many times

city
oakland, california; hooray for the east bay!

drink
water water water

education
everything i know i learned from my mother

food
mom's fried chicken and dad's homemade pies

guilty pleasure(s)
a bag of cheetos all to myself

hometown
dover, ohio

ice cream
breyer's cherry vanilla or bi-rite's honey lavender

jonesing for
the sound of my niece saying my name and giving me a kiss

kryptonite
beautiful shoes, and i mean beautiful--the shape of the toe, the heel, the material and less about adornments

look-a-like
a mash-up of zooey deschanel and mary tyler moore

movie
marie antoinette starring kirsten dunst; the scenery and music and costumes are lovely and i get lost in it every time i watch

nicknames
only one, katie kate

obsession
j.crew sales--i'm always checking for great buys, always; and wedding blogs; i love seeing what creative things people do to celebrate their big day and, of course, the wedding dresses

perfume
chanel mademoiselle

quirk
i can't leave my apartment with my bed unmade--it's nearly physically impossible

regrets
not taking better advantage of the time i had to live with my maternal grandparents; so many things i should have asked them--the things they could have taught me

starbucks
i prefer peet's --steamed nonfat milk with a pump of nonfat vanilla and cinnamon sprinkled on top

talent
subtle details, like the way words are laid out on a poster or dropping in a skinny brightly-coloured belt where it would otherwise not have been considered

university
sitting on the kitchen countertop while mom was preparing dinner or listening to dad during dinner taught me most everything i need to know; i still pick up things from them

vacation
ludington, michigan climbing the sand dunes or wherever my family and loved ones are

wine
non-drinker but when i do drink i prefer henry weinhardt root beer

x
xoxo, my standard signature line

years
thirty-two

zen
taking walks with the dogs along the cow paths on the farm in ohio

now it's your turn! -wink wink-
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...