Friday, October 5, 2012

eventful weekend.

hooray!
hurrah!
yippee!

the weekend is here! and there is no shortage to activities this weekend in the bay area and i'm attending 3 of the big ones--the blue angels, florence + the machine, and hardly strictly bluegrass.

friday: my team at work is shutting down early and heading to san francisco to board the california hornblower. the blue angels are in town and practice their precision maneuvers over the bay. the hornblower boasts the best view (and a large buffet lunch) of the u.s. navy and marine corps flight team. we should also be able to catch a glimpse of the america's cup races, which is far more appealing to me than loud jets.

friday night: florence + the machine plays at shoreline and i'm going. i can't wait! 2 years ago i saw her in oakland and the excitement was almost more than i could handle. no doubt tonight will be a similar rush as i listen to her newest album, ceremonials, performed live. i think my guy will have to hold me down so i don't end up shooting off like a rocket.

saturday: hardly strictly bluegrass where we'll enjoy the music of sara watkins, formerly of nickel creek. general conference for my church also begins saturday morning but luckily i'll be able to catch those sessions over the amazing world wide web later. i love general conference--great gospel messages from my leaders for two days, 4 2-hour sessions total. it's wonderful.

saturday night: dinner with some of my guy's friends. i don't know them too well yet but i do know they have a wonderful dog named faith and i'm hoping to see the pup at dinner.

sunday: i'll be on my own for most, if not all, of the day, and i have plans. in addition to the 2 sessions of general conference that will stream on my laptop, i have a chicken to roast, potatoes to smash with garlic and butter, granola to bake, banana bread to mix, and a new vegetable soup recipe (thanks kac!) to enjoy.

i'll certainly be grateful for an easy and restful sunday after my busy event schedule. my social anxiety is knocking on my door (crowds, loud noises, crowds, new people) and i'm fighting it.

what are your weekend plans, dearies? i always love hearing about what you're up to and the adventures your weekend leads you on.

love truly,
katie kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...