Friday, May 24, 2013

in-town long weekend.

hooray!
hurrah!
yippee!

it's memorial day weekend and last year at this time i was headed east to tennessee for family vacation with my man. this year, my long weekend will be spent in bed reading, watching tv/movies, napping, maybe a nice drive and perhaps a run. after two weekends of being out of town (american le mans at laguna seca in monterey/carmel; my guy's grandmother's funeral in va/nc), i'm happy with a quiet, easy weekend hanging out with my guy. swoon.

i have a few simple errands and tasks (haircut, shirt exchange at gap, sheets from ikea, show off the jeep to an interested party or two, apply an accessory to the subaru) to scratch off my list and two specific places i wanna eat (mama's for breakfast on monday and cafe zitouna for dinner tonight). they won't interfere with my quiet, easy weekend.

if i had a garden, i'd be knee-deep in dirt and plants, like beans and zucchini and potatoes and lettuce and sweet peas and beets. if i had a dog, we'd be in the subaru winding through the north bay looking for the perfect trail to explore. if i had a huge kitchen, i'd put together a giant meal of roasted meats and potatoes and my garden pickings.

what are your long weekend plans? anyone having summer weather?

all my best, lovies,
katie kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...