Wednesday, September 18, 2013

words of love and life after 16 years.

wedding wednesday
volume 4  |  chapter 19

my eyes well up and my heart bursts with affection when i read this excerpt. it's beautiful. and, well, secretly, or not so secretly, i hope that maybe someday my hubs-to-be would be able to write something similar, in his voice and character, of our life and love together. what a wonderful keepsake that would be. frame-worthy, most definitely.

we've been married for 16 years. we've both gotten a bit rounder than we used to be, but what isn't hotter has grown warmer. i have to admit i never really understood how growing older would be when i was younger. let me see if i can explain what i mean. 
when i see my wife now, it's like looking at a person in a time warp. she has a certain smile that takes me back to a memory of our honeymoon. there is a mischievous grin that puts me inside a moment when we were still dating. she has these little hairs that curl right below her ear that make me think of the first morning i woke up with her next to me.  
there are so many layers now; such a deep, wonderful complexity about how she makes me feel when i see her. she's like a succulent dish that has been prepared by a master chef. or a rich, velvety wine with that perfect blend of buttery smoothness and dry finish. she is my heart, my love, truly my better half. she helps me to be the kind of man and father i've always wanted to be. 
am i attracted to her? oh, yes. no matter how we look now, i see her across all the years as a kind of gestalt vision of who she is and what she means to me. she is the most interesting and attractive person i've ever had in my life. no one else even comes a close second. 

images courtesy of saipua.com

more floral inspiration for my wedding thanks to saipua in brooklyn, ny. amazing arrangements and bouquets. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...