Wednesday, February 15, 2017

the list diaries. chapter 008 -- things I like to eat.

images courtesy of ohhappyday and gthegent

the list diaries.
chapter 008.

I love food and I love to eat. as my appetite has fluctuated during this pregnancy, I've come to learn there are staples to my diet -- foods I love more than others and, simply, can't live without.

  • ice cream, particularly breyer's strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla
  • a juicy cheeseburger on a hearty bun, topped with lettuce and mustard, pickles and onion; salty fries on the side
  • fried eggs from the cast iron skillet on my own stovetop and toast -- one of my favourite dinners; I like my eggs for dinner, not breakfast
  • a toasted turkey sandwich with mustard, pepperoncinis, crispy romaine, tomatoes, and havarti cheese with applesauce or cottage cheese on the side
  • green curry with beef from our favourite local thai restaurant -- for takeout, please
  • one of my husband's signature grilled cheese sandwiches
  • steamed broccoli with salt, pepper, and some butter
  • a bowl of homemade granola or kashi's heart to heart honey toasted oat cereal and the milk that's leftover
  • steamed milk with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon sprinkled on top
  • oven-roasted yukon gold potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil

unlike other women, I haven't experienced any weird or odd food cravings (mr. brooks hasn't had to make any middle-of-the-night-runs to in-n-out or 7-eleven) or aversions. my diet has remained mostly the same as it was before becoming pregnant, the only difference is sometimes I can eat a little more than I could (or should) before. occasionally I'll crave more salt or a super sweet treat, like a cupcake with a mound of frosting on top, or I'll give in to that tiny bag of cheetos and eat a handful, tossing the rest in the garbage. 

eating is as fun as it was before I was pregnant -- the major difference being that I like eating at home with mr. brooks rather than go out. home food tastes the best, lately, and it's more comfortable for this growing belly. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...