- at coffee bar writing and editing, writing and editing, and chatting online with my man who's sitting right next to me because we're both plugged into headphones.
- window shopping and reading posted menus in the early, misty carmel evening hours.
- in washington, ohio, utah, or massachussetts with my siblings and their families.
- sharing scrumptious thai food and sitting at our table for 2 in the window at lemongrass.
- in bed waking up to thanksgiving morning.
- at home on the ohio farm with a fresh snow-covering and more flakes falling; pulling on my boots and hat to take the dogs out for a snowy frolic.
- climbing around some boulders at the base of one of the magnificent yosemite waterfalls; pausing to catch my breath and take in the beauty of the space around me.
- reading in bed in my tiny, homey apartment.
- watching a "fringe" marathon with my man in his san francisco apartment during a monday holiday; rain is coming down outside and pizza was just delivered.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
places i'd rather be--
most of the time i really enjoy my work, what i do, and who i share the majority of my daytime hours with. but every now-and-again i find myself wishing i was elsewhere.