Wednesday, May 23, 2018

the list diaries. chapter 012 -- does anyone blog anymore?


the list diaries. 
chapter 012.


I spend a decent amount of time these days looking out my apartment window. traffic hustles by. people move from here to there. strollers and nannies and dogs and workmen and trees wave in the chilly breeze. clouds move from the direction of the bridge over the city. our windows are filthy.

- - -

our apartment is small for our family, but I love it. I love the combined efforts to make it as efficient as possible. we constantly purge and reorganize and micro-tidy every corner. right now I'm staring down our corner shelving unit, wondering how it can be better arranged. there's a possibility I watch too much Fixer Upper.

- - -

it's chilly in San Francisco and for the first time, I'm envious of summer weather in other places. I want to be out in the sunshine with baby boy and dipping our toes in the pool or stretched out lakeside. summer dresses and lightweight clothes are calling our names but jackets and sweatshirts win in the end.

- - -

I want to eat all the food: birthday cupcakes, Thai takeout, pizza pizza pizza, hotdogs with yellow mustard and chopped white onion, turkey sandwiches on toasted whole wheat, ice cream, chicken wild rice casserole, lasagna, kale caesar salad, cheeseburgers, popcorn, fried egg sandwich on an english muffin, japanese fried rice, my mom's fried chicken, salt and vinegar kettle chips, roasted potatoes, and so many others. food, please.

- - -

the truth is, I don't need all my nice sweaters and silk blouses and skirts and blazers. being a stay-at-home mom has changed my wardrobe and I like it. both wardrobes have fit my life at its current stage and that makes me happy. but it's time for some of my nicer duds to get the boot -- check out my eBay shop.

- - -

do you ever roll your eyes at people who claim they've found their calling? I do. all the time. even when I say it about myself now that I'm a #SAHM. I love this new role -- being home with my baby and taking care of him and our living space. it's more satisfying than I imagined. 

- - -

can I buy a house yet? 
can Joanna and Chip be my friends? 
can Iron Chef America return for a couple more seasons? 
can I have a farmhouse sink? 
fresh flowers, please.

- - -

baby boy is awake. 💕


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...