Friday, March 24, 2017

celebrating the resident teenager this weekend--

images courtesy of 1, 2

crossing out another week feels good on this rainy friday, and gets me closer to #babyboybrooks' birthday.

hooray!
hurrah!
yippee!

we are all things baby in this household as the days go by. things like preparing my birth plan for the office in case I go into labour there; washing all of the baby clothes and blankets and bedding that we've received (people have been so kind and generous); organizing clothes and diapers and toys; preparing to attend a day-long childbirth prep class on saturday; and all the other things that go into welcoming a newbie into the world. 

as I was folding and organizing clothes last weekend, I looked at some of the newborn onesies and couldn't help but wonder how my baby could possibly fit into them. they appeared remarkably tiny. and with my belly measuring big at each appointment, I can't help but think he's going to be a big newborn, like high seven pounds or low eight. it's exciting to think those details will be revealed very soon.

this weekend is also my stepdaughter's birthday. the big thirteen! we'll celebrate on sunday with her choice of meal and birthday cake. I love when she asks me to make her something, even if it's only once or twice a year. (she chimes in on our christmas tradition food, too.) coming from her it feels a tad more special. 

it's spring, right? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...